Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

Eternal Insanity


I call for death in a desperate attempt to escape this suffering, this eternal insanity. Bewildered, I watch as it stands there, mocking me. It watches me innocently as I lie there frozen in pain of my thawing bones. It smiles knowingly. Its at ease as it watches me suffer, for it knows that I'll soon be enveloped in it's embrace. Hence, it lets me hang on to the shreds of life, overlooking my pleading eyes, my desirous cries.

The light of life dims before my blurry eyes like the flash slowly receding into darkness. In the last bits of the abating light I see death smile in my face. I smile back.

-Momina.



9 comments:

  1. Haunting! Lovely piece as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made something so dark, sound so gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! It hurts to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was pretty dark. I hope this isn't based on your current feelings and you're doing okay Momina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And no, it's not thank you for your concern! :)

      Delete
  5. Something so dark is presented so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete