Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Poisoning dreams


For Adoniah- "Taking it to the next level."

She lay there as the poison seeped through the blood circulating inside her. She lay there numb to the pain and the slight burning that she was supposed to feel. She lay dazed while her muscles and bones mashed into one another, as she repeatedly hit her head against the brick wall. Immune to the pain. She shifted her head, gazing at the blood stained pillow. Alarmed she got up suddenly, only to realize that it was her own, yet she did not bleed.  It dribbled towards her, bubbling vivid red with just a slight tinge of purple. Glowing. She was intimidated, wanting to touch it, but holding back. She backed away, abruptly falling as the room around her turned to a blur, however she never touched the ground, As if the air had halted but she was still falling. There wasn’t blood anymore, but water; pure and colorless. It fell all around her, everywhere, except on her. She cringed away as a drop fell on her, scared. Out of the blue, she was knocked down, falling into a garden, unscathed. As she rose she noticed the rain, which came down heavy and bruised her skin. It turned red, burning red and felt like pinching shards of glass on her skin. She started to run but fell too often, while someone pulled her and her eyes twitched. She rose from her dream as she dreamt on, as the poison seeped through and she slept on.

-Momina.

12 comments:

  1. vivid and painful. a very nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice read, even if it makes you shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! Good to have you back! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Well, that depends on how you look at it, Lubnaina, I like to give my readers and myself the freedom of making up the ending. As much as I hate cliff-hangers,I like to come up with different endings, in this case yes, I think she dies. But you can always add in someone who saves her! :)

      Delete
    2. True that :D
      It could be twisted if Dobby comes in to save her B)

      Delete
    3. Haha, that would be quite a twist, yes!

      Delete
  4. Woah!
    I think that this all the weird confusion and mysterious air is because she is in the shower.It must be causing all this haze and uncomfort,and the feeling when your hurt and don't feel a thing,that too is relatable.

    Great post,when do you write?
    After something happens or after a while?
    Cuz,I tend to forget what I wanted to write if I lose my train of thought!
    :D
    P.s
    How come do you know Lubaina?Are you two classmates at TCS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ahmad. You have your preceptive like everyone else, so, as you want to see it.
      I write all the time, and no most of my writing are fiction, but I tend to hang on to the idea when it pops into my mind, or I write it down immediately.

      No, Lubaina I know one another as bloggers only.

      Delete
  5. Hey lubaina,if you are getting this then please go to my notes in my FB profile and take the poems from their for ur Mag.Most favourites of mine are "Prayer from the heart" n "Demonic Angel".
    I haven't typed a lot of stories but I think that "The Legend" is scintillating!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so deep and frightening! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anam!
      You keep coming back, okay? :D

      Delete